Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

It's been quiet here on the blog I admit while I have soaked in the peace and reverence of Easter. Here's a little window of our Easter experience... Once a month I meet with a group of friends where we spend time nourishing our souls...Maundy Thursday we spent in darkness, candlight and quiet music, washing each others feet...it's beyond words to describe this evening...you can hear some of the music we played here - the Lord's Prayer in the ancient aramaic - this is a very moving piece.


Good Friday - enjoying the loving company of special friends and sharing bread (hot cross buns) and wine.

The girls painted.

Easter Saturday - we made the long walk up to the Healesville tower where we scattered rose petals and remembered my sister, as well as all those people that lost their lives in the fires. The mist gently covered the surrounding countryside, much of which had been burnt. I didn't take my camera, but one of the lasting images of this Easter for me was a tiny fern frond poking up through the blackened earth; there was a real sense of hope here today, and the town of Healesville was filled with people enjoying life in the Autumn sunshine.




In the afternoon and dyed eggs for our Easter table.



Sunday morning, of course Easter Bunny had paid his magical visit. My 8 year old was sure she had heard his "bouncing" during the night....he certainly had bounced around our garden.

And Sunday afternoon we share more good company with friends and a traditional lamb roast.
I am feeling full (in many ways) and grateful; hope your Easter was special for you.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if it was the same Easter Bunny that bounced in our garden..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post!
    I think I heard the Easter Bunny hopping around our house on Saturday night too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special 4 days - thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post.
    It sounds like a perfect holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts makes me smile...

ShareThis