Sunday, July 19, 2009

Busy little bee....

Time is speeding up, we all feel it, and technology sucks away our time. Sit down at the computer and before you know it, hours can slip away. I have so much news to share, but no time to share it, and for now at least I need to be "present" with those around me and allow space for my inner work.

Consequently, my blog is being very boring. I have so much to share - all our school holiday adventures for one thing, my youngests birthday, many things which will have to wait while I go on "living".

I was commenting to a fellow blogger last week, that there have been a few moments in the last few weeks where I have wondered if the blog is reflecting life, or driving life? As much as I love writiing I have to be careful, I want this blog to remain authentic but not take over my life.

Hopefully, I'll be back soon, but I've decided very clearly this must be a "guilt free" blog, so I'll write as I can.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes all true. I wonder is it such a bad thing for a blog to drive life just a little in the way of inspiration and motivation for creativity...I throw these ideas around all the time too...Enjoy being present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this way about my blog right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa, I can totally relate to this post. I've only been blogging for about 3 weeks, and I've experienced a gamut of emotions during that time - from elation to despair to obsession to avoidance! I've really had to define why I started blogging and be careful not to let it take over. It's amazing how one completely loses all sense of time writing and reading blogs. And commenting! I'm hooked though - I just have to set some boundaries for myself and be more disciplined...:-)

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts makes me smile...

ShareThis